| About Us
This Perl script will display the current status of your MythTV system at the
command line. It can optionally append it to the system message of the day
(MOTD) on a regular basis (setup by default on Debian, and Debian derived distros).
- Displays the state of your encoders,
- Displays any shows currently being recorded,
- Gives a list of the upcoming recordings,
- Shows any schedule conflicts,
- Can send emails if there are schedule conflicts,
- Gives the amount of time until the next scheduled recording,
- Can use colour!
- Reports on disk space, and with some extra patches applied to MythTV
supports reporting on individual storage groups in the SVN trunk
version of MythTV,
- Report if the program guide (EPG) doesn't have enough data (by default 2 days),
- Most of these features don't require having special access to the
database (only the schedule conflicts does).
- The shows which are due to auto expire.
mythtv-status is in both Debian and Ubuntu, but the version may be out of
date. If you want a newer version, then you can install it from my own
deb http://debian.etc.gen.nz squeeze main
deb http://debian.etc.gen.nz sid main -- Or just use the main Debian repo!
And then apt-get install mythtv-status, that's it.
The GPG key for the repo is 0x45D164F6 (the easy way to grab the
key is: apt-key advanced --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0x45D164F6 .)
Available as a package to install via dnf.
You can see the package page as well.
Tarballs are available here, and the latest is called
The source code is in a git repository which you can browse. To grab
it you can do:
git clone http://git.etc.gen.nz/mythtv-status.git
Check out the ChangeLog
for recent (and upcoming) changes.